Thursday 8 March 2012

Work Experience...

I spent me week in the K Club kitchen, Straffan. I'm so tired after it, I did loads of work from 9 to 5 every day! I spent me days cooking rashers, chopping cucumbers, carrots, celery and peppers. Shaping pastry and helping to make the salads during service when the chefs were really busy. I enjoyed talking to the chefs, waiters and kitchen porters who passed through the kitchen everyday. It opened my eyes up to how people interact with one another under stressful service situations. On the last day I made a lemon drizzle cake. Now perhaps it didn't work out how I planned it to but I would blame the huge mixers that were about the size of my oven and the fact that the oven was far hotter than any oven I'd used before so my cake came out slightly on the blacker side. But my fellow employees seemed to enjoy it. I really did enjoy this week I spent as it was so different to my first week where I was in an office situation. I don't think that cheffing is the job for me as it is very stressful and it is long and hard hours according to chefs I talked to. However I still had a really great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment